Schedule: Casual Part Time (TAMC)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The RN is responsible for providing safe, efficient nursing care to patients in the office/clinic setting. He/she will demonstrate an ability to cope with all situations that may arise in a calm and effective manner. He/she will report directly to the RN clinical coordinator or Physician Service manager.
1. Obtains patient complaints and history, reports findings to the provider and documents findings in the patient's medical record.
2. Provides safe, efficient nursing care to the patient and documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
3. Provides patient teaching regarding disease process, medications, diet, diagnostic testing and community resources available.
4. Maintains a safe and clean environment for patient care.
5. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family and provider while maintaining patient confidentiality.
6. Advocates for patient's rights, safety and healthcare needs.
7. Administers medications as ordered by provider in a safe manner consistent with Physician Services policies and documents administration in the patient's medical record.
8. Adheres to Physician Services administration policies, procedures and directives.
9. Assists to ensure that the patient's medical record is current and that dictations, diagnostic testing results, correspondence from referring providers and other documentation is on or in the patients chart prior to provider visit with the patient.
10. Provider's orders are carried out after proper verification in accordance with policy and recorded in the patient's medical record. Assists the provider with procedures and patient examination as appropriate.
1. Communicates appropriate patient information with verbal, telephone or written reports. All communication documented in the patient's medical record.
2. Performs other work related duties assigned.
1. Current Maine State Board of Nursing RN license.
Variable work schedule as required.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current valid RN license
2. Current CPR certification
3. Maintains all other certifications as appropriate
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Basic computer skills preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment
Healthcare | Nursing