Job Posting End Date: 07/12
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:The incumbent is responsible for completing a wide-range of administrative tasks, supporting Appeals, Quality Assurance, and other Benefits compliance functions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Appeals, Quality Assurance, and other Benefits compliance functions for administrative tasks directly in support of Benefit Operations.
- Responsibilities range from contacting customers via telephone or other methods to acknowledge, request or follow up on claim related information, and completing administrative tasks which include creating digital file copies, entering data, filing claim related information and the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Monitor status of activities to ensure that established regulatory and workflow timelines are achieved.
- Ensure that all activities are accurately and efficiently documented in Unum’s claim system as outlined in existing workflow.
- Adhere to policyholder requirements per Special Handling.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience supporting disability claims or experience in a fast-paced administrative role preferred.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively and professionally interact and partner with internal and external representatives and resources, and document interactions accurately.
- Superior focus on customer driven problem solving and service delivery; operates as a highly motivated team-player with proven customer service skills.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.