This position participates in the Intern Program of Dead River Company in preparation for future opportunities within the company.
Spends time with the Manager to obtain information specific to the assigned department. May spend time with Delivery Center Manager, Delivery Driver Manager, Admin Service Manager and Office Manager in order to attain an understanding of all operations and processes.
- Gains a thorough understanding of all company policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to Dead River Company. Attains a knowledge of all computer systems involved with customer accounts, inventory, service billing, and delivery.
- Assists the Department Manager with special projects and may also be involved in other areas outside of their department such as budgeting, financial statement review and analysis, building and fleet maintenance, customer service issues, and marketing.
- Takes part in company sponsored training programs. Assists with special projects and other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. This position deals frequently with customers, department heads, and employees at all levels.
Education: Previous management experience is preferred.
Equipment and Tools Used: Basic office and computer related equipment as well as equipment relating to the field in which the Manager Trainee is participating in.
Decisions Made: The Intern consults with the supervisor on major decisions.
Safety Considerations: This position gains a thorough understanding of all safety related considerations for the department and the organization as a whole.
Other Attributes Required:
- Strong communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- High Initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Desire and ability to lead and motivate others
- Follow-up on Commitments (Integrity)
Work Environment: Significant time is spent in an office setting with controlled temperatures. Time is also spent outside the office in various settings including all weather conditions and temperatures.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone
Weight or Force Moved: There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 25 pounds.