Northern Light Mayo Hospital
Department: Physical Rehabilitation
Position is located: Mayo Hospital
Work Schedule:No Hours Assigned
Responsible for scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, greeting patients, and ensuring that the office is properly organized.
- Works as part of a team dedicated to provide a continuum of high quality care and services.
- Assists therapists when needed to facility delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrated proficient use of computer-based documentation system.
- Demonstrates proficiency in typing, word processing, and basic computer skills.
- Schedules patients, meetings and inservices for all rehab services staff.
- Screens all individuals coming into the facility and exercises good judgement in granting entrance.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail accurately and timely.
- All daily charges are manually reviewed with those entered into the computer-based documentation system.
- Records modalities and patient visits.
- Assists director with statistical analyses for accounting.
- Discontinues patient charts as indicated by treating therapists and scans necessary documentation into the system as part of the patient's permanent medical record.
- Maintains daily patient stats for therapists and reports outcome to the department leader monthly.
- Tracks physician referrals and prepares monthly reports.
- Completes referral list for pre-registration, and contacts physicians' office for rehab referrals when needed.
- Completes pre-authorizations and authorizations as indicated per patient's individual insurance.
- Participates on committees, task forces and other hospital or department events.
- Enters daily charges by recording charge sheets provided by therapy staff into the computer-based documentation system.
- Corresponds with insurance companies to ensure patient coverage. This requires direct communication, faxing information and continually following-up on each patient.
Competencies and skills:
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Types at 60+ words per minute. (only to be used as a condition of employment)
* Ability to understand the language used to precisely describe the human body including its components, processes, conditions affecting it, and procedures performed upon it.
* Word process application with the ability to create and edit documents, format, use tables, apply footnoting, create table of contents and mail merge techniques.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Continuous kneeling.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status