The senior Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing and documenting application programs that are moderate to complex in nature, working with accepted development department standards and procedures.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
- Analyze, develop, and test software created for local government.
- Participate in analyzing, designing, writing and testing code, documenting and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems. This is completed in accordance with customer requirements and organizational methodologies and standards for new application development as well as existing system enhancements.
- Participate in new application development and existing system enhancements by coding system features according to system designs.
- Participate in both agile and waterfall development environments, assisting in sprint definitions/reviews as needed.
- Maintain existing application programs by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
- Prepare and modify program and system documentation.
- Provide assistance to other departments for deployment and run-time issues as needed.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members to ensure knowledge transfer and training are successfully meeting department goals.
- Achieve departmental goals and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or comparable work experience.
- Typically five or more years of software development experience with database technology.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Relevant Technologies:
- .NET Core
- SQL Server
- HTTP / REST
- Relevant related technologies
- Experience writing and testing code to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of product architecture and all underlying technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of development process.
- Demonstrated experience with data modeling tools, web services and/or service oriented architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate across team or division boundaries.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with server-side application architecture.
- Experience providing guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
- Solid negotiation with various parties to ensure enhancements to applications are addressed while maintaining/balancing business situations and constrictions.
- Well-developed logical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- A proven ability to deliver in-depth solutions in expedited timelines.
- An ability to be successful working on highly visible deliverables.
- Keen attention to detail.