Maine Medical Partners Dermatology provides Medical Assistants the unique opportunity to work in a new and quickly expanding clinical dermatology practice serving both pediatric and adult patients. Providing standard dermatological care as well as cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment options to our patients, this dynamic practice gives Medical Assistants exceptional learning options through multiple channels of training. Our highly skilled team is committed to improving the dermatological health of our communities through intervention, prevention, and education.
When you join Maine Medical Partners, you may also receive the following:
- May be eligible for $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- 3-tier clinical ladder
- The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based ambulatory practice environment. The MA functions under the license of the provider when performing clinical and other patient care tasks. The MA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to excel in a team-based care environment.
- Maintain personal and professional records that include evaluation and validation of clinical competence/proficiency, continuing education, and any certification or verification of special skill sets.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of the electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
- As of July 1, 2016, applicants must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of 160 hours clinical experience acquired through an externship. Acceptable equivalent criteria minimum of 2 years clinical experience in a multi-physician medical practice.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant credentialing preferred.
- Current BLS required.
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for this sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.