We have a great client, a B2B credit management company that pays suppliers upfront for their sales and protects them from risk, so they can fund the growth of their business, who is seeking to add an Engineering Manager to their team. The Engineering Manager manages a team of engineers while having the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects. You manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. You prioritize productivity and quality while leading your team to deliver results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a team of software engineers, including work planning and code reviews.
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
• Contribute technically to projects.
• Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
• Recruit and retain top engineering talent.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related degree.
• 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 8 or more developers).
• Experience shipping successful products.
• Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge and experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation, capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty".
• Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
Additional Skills/ Qualifications
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
• Hands-on programming experience in C++ and/or Java.
Pro Search, Inc. was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. Pro Search, Inc. strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.