Schedule: Regular Part-time
Hours: Daytime Variable Weekdays & Weekends
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The Guest Relations Specialist I worksindependently and in collaboration with Volunteer Services Manager and GuestRelations Volunteers to carry out essential functions as defined below.
1. Coordinatesthe flow of outpatients through the registration process.
2. Assists patients with needs, i.e., direction,wheelchair assist and escorting.
3. Coordinateswheelchair availability and distribution.
4. Assists with recruitment of Volunteers.
5. Coordinates Guest Relation's Volunteeractivities.
6. Orients Volunteers to department area, tasksand responsibilities.
7. Coordinates volunteer task daily activities.
8. Assists Volunteer Manager and Guest RelationSpecialist II with departmental new employee orientation as needed.
9. Completes all daily Gift Shop sales cash upsand prepares deposits.
10. Assists Gift Shop volunteers as needed.
12. Assist Volunteer Services Manager with eventsas needed, i.e., Healthy Aging
Program, Blood Drives, Health Fair,Volunteer Recognition Celebrations, etc...)
13. Assists the Volunteer Services Manager with amultitude of office clerical duties as
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Asassigned
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: None Required
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENTS:
1. High schooldiploma or G.E.D.
2. Excellent organizational and communicationskills
3. Ability towork independently
4. Entry level computer skills
5. Excellent Customer Service skills
6. Great attention to details
7. Ability to multi-task with many interruptions
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 6-7 hours/day.
2. Standing. 1-2 hours/day.
3. Walking. 2-3 hours/day
4. Lifting. 1-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Frequently, 1 or greater twists/day (notcontinuous).
6. Bending. 1 bends hours/day. (not continuous)
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1 hours/day (not continuous).
8. Endurance. Moderate to high energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Extensive deviation(typing 1 – 2 hours day).
10. Pinching. Frequent, pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. 1-2 hours day or more. (typing)
12. Manual Dexterity. Frequent fine motor skills required.(wheelchair assist)
13. Either Handedness. 70%- 100% of job cycle time.
14. Both Handedness. 70%-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight.Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far vision.
16. Hearing.Can hear whispered voice at twelve (12) feet and via phone.
17. Speech.Frequent clear speaking 4-8 hours ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Moderate
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 - 80?F.
2. Noise.Slight, occasionally fairly loud sounds.
3. WorkingwithOthers. Close association is frequent and compromisesa major portion of the job.
4. BodyInjuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumaticinjury - deep cuts, fractures or permanent disabling injuries.
5. MovingObjects. Somewhat likelihood of significant injuryfrom moving objects
6. ToxicConditions. Slightlikelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
7. WorkingwithOthers. Great, association is frequent and comprisesa major portion of
8. RoleAmbiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what othersexpect of the worker.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Occasional problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment.Continuously assesses situations and determines corrective actions needed.
3. Supervision.Supervises on duty volunteer/individuals.
4. Reading/Comprehension.Must be able to read and comprehend greater than Grade 10 level of instructions.
5. Math/Arithmetic.Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, perform fractions, andcalculate percentages.
1. ComposureUnderWorkingConditions(including demanding, and/or rude, patients/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise self-control inworking relationships with patients, staff, and visitors.
2. CopingSkillsforStressesAssociatedwithIllness,Disability,Dyingand/orDeath. Works directly with persons who are or maybecome ill, disabled, or dying on a regular basis; must possess skills to copewith stresses associated with illness, disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively isnecessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfactionmotivation.
3. Must project a professional image at alltimes.
4. Compassion, caring and willingness to gobeyond to satisfy customer needs.
5. Very perceptive to customer needs beforebeing asked.
6. Receptive and helpful attitude is a must
Equal Opportunity Employment