Northern Light CA Dean Hospital
Department: Multi-Specialty Support Svcs
Position is located: Northern Light C A Dean Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Medical Assistant provides primary clinical support to the provider, patient, and family members involved in the patient’s care. Maintains complete and accurate documentation in the medical record to ensure continuity and quality of care. Promotes a clean and safe environment. Meets qualifications to provide care for patients within the age-specifics ranges cared for in the assigned practice setting. Collects subjective information from the patient, family, or patient representative and performs clinical interventions under the delegation of a physician/ mid-level provider, while reporting to dyad leaders or clinical lead for daily operational issues. Consistently provides the highest level of patient care and supports the needs of the patient, practice, and clinical team; while maximizing patient satisfaction, providing safe and cost effective care, and performing at the highest level of their credential.
- The incumbent will possess knowledge of medical terminology and will be proficient in the utilization of computer programs necessary to perform their duties and the Electronic Health Record.
- Must demonstrate communication skills which provide timely, concise, and audience appropriate information, both orally and written; dependent on patient/practice needs.
- Displays positive work habits, productivity, and effective time management. Collaborates with a diverse team by establishing and maintaining constructive professional relationships.
- Manages conflict resolution via effective communication; appropriately utilizing the Chain of Command as deemed necessary.
- Customer focus that demonstrates commitment to meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers.
Must have BLS certification. Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT requirement(s):High school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program, must have 2 years of experience and then must obtain Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE).
MEDICAL ASSISTANT requirement(s): High school diploma or GED. Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program.If not nationally certified (AMT, RMA, NCMA or CCMA) then must obtain Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) within 6 months of hire.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT requirement(s): Current Medical Assistant Certification
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status