Are you passionate about play? Do you celebrate diversity and recognize every child as a unique individual who is deserving of love and respect? Are you committed to creating a classroom experience that is developmentally appropriate, nurturing and safe?
If the responsibility of instilling a lifelong love of learning excites you, then we encourage you to apply for our Full-Time Early Childhood Toddler Teacher position at St. Elizabeth’s Child Development Center in downtown Portland, Maine. In addition to a collaborative, mission-driven work environment where our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Hospitality, Excellence and Stewardship (our RICHES) are celebrated and wholeheartedly shared, we offer an attractive benefits package, including:
- $1,000 Recruitment & Retention Bonus: $250 at time of hire, $250 after successful completion of 6-month probationary period and $500 at completion of 1 year employment
- 50% Discounted childcare rates for employee’s children (exclusive to Private Pay)
- A $500 stipend each month until September of 2022
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance (employer paid!)
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan. Employer match after one year of eligible employment.
- A generous paid time plan to use for personal, sick and vacation time. (Employees start to accrue time immediately!)
- Bereavement time off
- ADP LifeMart Employee Discount Program
- A Highlight Incentivized Health and Wellness Program!
At Catholic Charities we recognize and value the role our teaching professionals have played in our nearly 50-year history of providing holistic, child-centered care. Our nationally accredited Centers rely on the success of our teachers and we are committed to having the supports in place so they can achieve their professional goals.
- Eligible candidates shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or a compatible course of study). Associates Degree with experience would be accepted.
- Ed Tech III certification required
- Two (2) years of experience in the early childhood field
- Must be willing to maintain CPR and First Aide Certification, as well as attend the Maine Early Learning Guidelines Training
You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and Affirmative Action/EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to: https://www.ccmaine.org/employment