Northern Light CA Dean Hospital
Department: RHC - Greenville
Position is located: Greenville Rd
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Variable Work Schedule
Ability to cross cover all clerical positions in office from scanning, call center, high level scheduling functions, and baseline clerical skills for check in and check out. Maintaining high level of skill of proper documentation in electronic medical record. Executing excellence in customer service. Performing independently and asks as a role model to all staff through education and performance.
- Documents every patient phone message and routes to proper Medical Assistant or Nurse.
- Collects co-pays or other payments at time of service and does cash up at the end of each business day with another receptionist as double check system.
- Checks patients in and out after visits.
- Communicates with Medical Assistants/Nurse appropriately to notify of late arrivals, no-shows, etc.
- Collects demographic information from patients and ensures insurance eligibility for each patient for the date of service.
- May cover outlying clinics as well as specialty clinic when needed.
- Calls in referrals for patients when needed in a timely manner.
- Schedules tests for patients as ordered by physician and give the patients proper preparation for any tests ordered making sure that they understand the instructions.
- Prepares paperwork for visits including consent to care forms, HIPPA forms and offers every patient to sign up for the patient portal.
- Providers Customer Service for a positive patient experience.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail accurately and timely, as needed.
- Ensures appointment descriptions are clear and appropriate for MA/Provider
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, donor and employee information.
- Demonstrates high level customer service
- Offers free care applications to patients that may benefit for financial assistance
- Provides patients with education and access to portal
- Be a problem solver and follow issues to resolution
- Behave in a manner that makes you approachable
- Makes high level schedule changes and decision making
- Participates in quality improvement activities
- Returns phone calls or portal messages within one business day
- Ensure PCP is correct on every patient
- Ensures the multi-patient task list is always up to date
- Ensure the clerical pool is up to date and handled within one business day
Competencies and skills:
* 2+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Continuous sitting.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status