Help Desk Technician
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community.
Our Help Desk Team is seeking a full-time
What We’re Looking For
- Two year’s related experience in a high-volume professional service help desk environment with a demonstrated understanding of networking technology and basic knowledge of troubleshooting procedures and/or Associates Degree with a technology emphasis.
- Experience solving problems on various user technology platforms, including server and desktop versions of Windows, Mac OS, and various mobile technologies.
- Knowledge of these technologies:
- Desktop hardware and software applications, network printing, and anti-virus/anti-malware.
- Current versions of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, and Office 365.
- Windows Server administration & experience working with Microsoft Azure desired.
- Some exposure to Microsoft Exchange, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware, Cisco Telephony Software, network switching and firewall platforms, various replication and backup platforms, and remote desktop technology.
- Customer-focused & results-driven, ability to deliver high quality & timely technical solutions through effective troubleshooting and triage.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to listen, interpret, analyze, and resolve technical issues and can defuse potential or actual difficult situations.
- High attention to detail, ability to think critically and analytically when it comes to researching problems and identifying potential solutions.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- A passion for new technology and a track record of continuous learning.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs, including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training as well as certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.
Systems Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer