FUNCTION: The Account Officer (AO) is responsible for the management of assigned client relationships, and the account administration and related daily servicing necessary for effective client retention, cross sales, and business development that result in the highest level of customer satisfaction. The AO is integrally involved in responding to and servicing Bank’s WMG referrals, and complying with all service standards relevant to the client and customer experience and the referral process. The AO will be assigned specific account relationships and will be actively involved with customers to ensure satisfaction, retention and/or profitability of relationships. The AO will support other members of the WMG team.
Customer / Relationship Management:
- Retains and maintains existing client relationships through quantified contact and client satisfaction strategies.
- Proactively services and cross sells client relationships for the purpose of improving client satisfaction and generating incremental interest and non-interest income for Bangor Savings Bank.
- Utilizes and maintains the customer database as a relationship management and cross sales tool.
- Understands comprehensive client relationships with Bangor Savings Bank and works with other business lines to ensure superior service levels, high customer service standards, and the maximum integration of WMG service delivery to other areas of the Bank.
New Client Acquisition:
- Supports responsive and suitable financial solutions for relationships referred through internal channels.
•Supports building networks of centers of influence, community leaders, business owners and internal partners for the purpose of increasing market share through new client acquisition.
•Works closely with internal product partners to deliver appropriate Investment solutions to clients.
•Utilizes and maintains business activity reporting and customer database tools for sales management.
- Reviews referral, administrative and/or investment information with applicable WMG team member(s) to ensure complete and timely delivery of WM services.
- Provides Trust and Investment Management services alone, or in concert with applicable WMG team members, or other business lines.
- Prepares, or assists in the preparation and presentation of WMG services or Bank products to existing customers, prospects and COIs.
- Fully supports all BSB business lines in primary and secondary business opportunities.
- Participates in community events that support and promote BSB
- Cross sell BSB products and services in support of all business lines.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- 5-10 years of customer relationship experience
- Relevant Industry Training
- Strong communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong computer skills (including MS Word and MS Excel spreadsheet skills)
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
General office environment. Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
General office equipment.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.