Vets First Choice is transforming the veterinary market with a new approach to selling and managing prescriptions that results in vastly improved medication compliance, lowered inventory costs, and better overall revenues for both companion and equine practices nationwide. The company brings to veterinarians the highest quality pharmacy service, a customized online store, powerful pet owner communications and compliance tools, and home and barn delivery of medications and food. Named twice to the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list, we are continuing our rapid growth by building an exceptional Account Management Team to bring on new practices and grow existing ones. That's where you come in.
The Business Development Representatives major responsibilities are to qualify high value opportunities and acquire new accounts. The role is primarily phone based (our service is all online) with selected field travel.
- Master the incredible business transformation Vets First Choice offers to veterinary practices, including how the platform and service brings back clients, manages prescriptions, reduces inventory, and provides a pathway to overall business growth. Master the platform!
- Pursue great opportunities to bring on new practices and develop existing ones. Your ability to rapidly assess territory opportunities and effectively reach decision makers by phone will be a key to success.
- Ask great questions to understand the key players in the practice and their needs. Be a true consultant and provide a great solutions from our portfolio through an online walk-through of our platform, case studies, and through painting an overall picture how how Vets First Choice will impact their lives an a positive way.
- Now the fun part: work with the practice's management team to set goals, train the team and follow up to share their success.
- We're always looking to improve, so an important part of your job will be to provide insights, product improvement and enhancement ideas, and process improvement suggestions; we expect you to initiate improvements on your own and share with your colleagues.
- Be a great team player and a high-energy individual contributor.
- B.S. or B.A. in business or scientific discipline. Veterinary or medical education a definite plus.
- 2 years of previous sales and/or applicable business experience a must.
- Understanding of the veterinary pharmaceutical market and experience in a veterinary practice or other healthcare or scientific industry is ideal.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sales skills and a proven track record of closing success. Attributes include:
- Highly goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills—able to quickly establish rapport
- Able to absorb and articulate technical information
- Outstanding presentation and teaching skills
- Great organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently while being a great team player
- High productivity
- Great team player, great sense of humor
- Ability to identify customer service issues and facilitate their resolution
- Strong empathy and fierce desire to retain, gain and grow customers
- Strong communication skills
- Computer and online proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Quick and avid learner, especially with veterinary medical and pharmaceutical terminology
- Resiliency and flexibility in start-up environment
- Normal office environment with extensive phone and computer use. Occasional overnight travel required.