Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. The Contact Center Patient Services Representative works collaboratively with all members of the Contact Center and on-site Care Team Staff to provide world class service to both the patients and staff of Martin’s Point. Acts as a first contact for patients and external customers calling into the Delivery System and manages a positive patient experience at all times. Answers all Delivery System Phone Calls within established quality metrics and standards Responsible for Queue and Schedule Management, including phone messaging, appointment cancellations and rescheduling. Screens, provides information on and directs calls to appropriate department or staff to expedite patient care. Supports and facilitates communications related to labs, scripts, messaging, etc. Assists with patient service related administrative tasks to ensure patient requests are met.
- Utilizing superior customer service skills, responds to all patient and external customer requests via incoming phone call resulting in consistent First Call Resolution according to establish processes and protocols and within established quality metrics.
- Schedules, reschedules and cancels new and established patient appointments according to scheduling protocols for the Delivery System.
- Processes all patient and external customer requests through appropriate coordination with on-site staff. Ensures messages for clinic providers, staff, and management are accurate and complete.
- Handles PSR desktop management activities.
- Ensures a positive patient experience through the new patient registration process and retention of current patients.
- Serves as a resource to patients and their families regarding the online Patient Portal.
- Follows Standard Processes and Protocols related to clinical activities (med refills, order follow through/tracking lab/imaging reporting, closing quality gaps in care)
- With Clinical Support and on-site PSRs, tracks and follows up on patient issues
- Handles requests for referrals and forwards to on-site staff for processing
- Participates in process improvement activities, including maintenance of visual management and center metrics
- Collects copays and outstanding balances over the phone, and works with Patient Accounts to resolve all patient requests concerning this department (including medical records requests as necessary).
- Participates in daily huddles and regular team meetings to improve workflows and contribute to improving patient population outcomes
- Handles prescription refill requests and forwards to on-site staff per protocol.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Martin’s Point’s mission, vision, and multiple lines of business.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience working in an administrative and/or customer service oriented environment required.
- Experience in a contact center setting and/or in a medical environment with patient registration, billing, insurance processing or appointment scheduling preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Ability to function independently and professionally
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Basic knowledge of current healthcare benefits and managed care insurance plans, preferred
- Windows Based Computer skills: data entry and word processing ability
- Demonstrated telephone etiquette and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle difficult conversations with patients and internal customers
- Ability to multitask among phone and face to face despite frequent interruptions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Detailed oriented and excellent follow through skills
- Ability to work with a variety of customers ranging from patients, internal customers: medical staff and other departments, able to collaborate with peers
- Must be able to work flexible hours which may include weekends, evenings and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org