PERFORMANCE TESTING ENGINEER- Westbrook, Maine
Join a forward-looking team of awesome Quality Engineering professionals who are committed to consistently delivering quality. A small group within a large department enables you to contribute and make a difference every day. Be challenged, be rewarded, and share in our team’s success.
Our client is seeking a superlative Performance Testing Engineer. This is a challenging yet rewarding role within a great IT team. You must have excellent people and communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently on projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute formal plans, procedures and scenarios for Performance Testing to ensure quality of software applications. Communicate plans, status and results to a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Design and develop complex tests, write test cases/scenarios, script and execute Performance tests.
- Coordinate and plan with Performance Testing Manager to deliver Performance Testing requirements to IT projects.
- Work collaboratively with test, development, and product teams to design and develop effective Performance solutions.
- Analyze results to determine Performance bottlenecks, stability, and application scalability.
- Document and track test results, defects and other quality metrics.
- Develop and implement performance testing standards, strategies and best practices, contributing ideas and effort toward continuous improvement.
- Work with, teach, and mentor project team members in Performance techniques and skills as needed.
- Meet project deadlines and escalate items that impact deliverables.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination education and work experience.
- Professional certifications in testing or related areas preferred but not required.
- A demonstrable record and mindset of self-improvement.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in Performance Test strategy, development, execution, and result analysis.
- Hands-on performance testing experience required.
- Ability to objectively evaluate processes and to separate technical systems into testable layers.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), particularly Agile/Scrum.
- Some knowledge of Performance testing using Akamai/Soasta CloudTest, HP Load Runner, JMeter, Splunk, AppDynamics, other Performance related tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.