Purpose: The Executive Director of Academic Program Support and Online Learning will provide leadership in the development and implementation of online learning and continuing education at the University of Maine (UMaine) and the University of Maine at Machias (UMM). In addition, this role will partner with administrators from across campus to develop new programs that respond to student and workforce needs and establish and monitor enrollment goals and student success metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective strategy for online learning and continuing education at the University of Maine (UMaine) and the University of Maine at Machias (UMM).
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and inclusive strategy for digital education to transform UMaine and UMM’s online offerings in addition to formulating and administering the policies that will guide this strategy.
- Collaborate with deans, faculty, and administration to expand the universities’ online learning portfolio to respond to student and workforce needs while prioritizing accessibility, flexibility, and lifelong learning; enhancing student success; and catalyzing academic innovation.
- Work closely with on-campus and community partners, assisting with discovery, planning, and implementation of new non-degree and non-credit programs.
- In partnership with the Associate Provost for Online and Continuing Education, the Division of Enrollment Management, and the deans, develop an online and continuing education enrollment management strategy.
- Promote the data-driven growth of online programs – including academic year, winter session, and summer programming – by working with campus stakeholders to develop, market, and assess offerings.
- Establish and monitor digital enrollment goals and student success metrics to identify successes and opportunities for improvements.
- Supervise the UMaine Online Advising staff.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and the Assistant Dean of the Division of Lifelong Learning (DLL) on synergies around the early college high school program, the Bachelor of University Studies, Travel Study, and marketing programs supported by the division.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, is responsible for administering the budget associated with UMaine Online and additional revenue generated programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Operations, the Assistant Dean, and their staff to ensure sound financial management, efficient organization, and continued innovation in integrated marketing strategies and communication plans.
- Serve as a member of DLL’s Senior Team and serve as a “next in command” if needed in the role of Assistant Dean of DLL or the Associate Provost.
- Represent the Associate Provost and DLL on various UMaine, UMS, and community committees, as well as local, state, regional, and national organizations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Provost.