Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Department: Food and Nutrition Services
Position is located: Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Variable
Assists preparing patient trays. Delivers and picks up patient trays. Assists in daily and weekly clean up. Ensures food is labeled and stored at the proper temperature and documented daily. Washes dishes and documents the proper temperatures on the dish machine.
- Reports to work as scheduled - attendance, punctuality. (e.g., reliability).
- Acts as a role model for other employees within the department or organization.
- Adheres to EMHS professional appearance policy / dress code.
- Maintains and exhibits a professional, positive attitude towards co-workers, work, and organization.
- Demonstrates a commitment to co-workers, job duties, and organization (e.g., team player).
- Supports and embraces change in job and organization.
- Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
- Continually develops skills and/or job knowledge.
- Participates in skills training opportunities available to him/her.
- Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under growth pillar.
- Completed iCare training as required for current year (or preceding year if evaluation occurs in January)
- Adheres to "EMHS Code of Conduct" and follows all applicable compliance policies/regulations.
- Works safely and follows all safety policies; reports incidents or hazards immediately.
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively seeks out solutions.
- Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under quality pillar.
- Assists in preparing meals according to standardized recipes provided
- Ensure food safety by properly storing, preparing, cooking and serving food at safe amounts of time and temperature.
- Proper Handwashing Techniques
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic and modified diets
- Observes safety rules
- Participates in the Quality Improvement plan and activities
- Use creativity and imagination
- Provides excellent customer service, both for internal and/or external customers.
- Responds to phone calls, voice mail messages, and emails in a timely manner.
- Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under service pillar.
- Reliable and responsible with attendance and adherence to schedules
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner
- Makes self available upon patient or staff requests
- Seeks out ways to reduce operating costs or increase efficiency within role/department.
- Acts in a cost-conscious manner with regard to use of supplies.
- Met/accomplished prior year performance evaluation goals set under finance pillar.
- Contributes in ways to improve productivity and cost control
- Proper use of MCMH property and equipment
- Works regular budgeted hours
Competencies and skills:
* 3+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status