Our client, a property management company in Greater Portland, is seeking a Property Accountant to join their growing team.
The Property Accountant is part of a team working on a portfolio of residential apartment buildings. The team will coordinate and perform professional responsibilities related to the company’s financial operations. Primary responsibilities include general accounting functions for multiple properties within the portfolio, including financial reporting and analysis. The Property Accountant is directly supervised by the Assistant Controller.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
• Reconciliation and analysis of cash activity.
• Review of invoices for accounts payable processing.
• Preparation, verification, and entry of journal entries to the general ledger.
• Preparation and analysis of monthly profit-and-loss statements.
• Timely preparation of monthly/quarterly reports to Housing Authorities.
• Frequent communication with site managers.
• Assist with budget and audit process including year-end adjusting entries.
• Other projects or duties as required.
Successful candidates will have an Accounting degree and 2+ years of Accounting experience. Must have demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures and a high level of competency with Microsoft Office and Web or Windows-based accounting software.
If you thrive working as part of a team and excel in a fast-paced environment that allows for work/life balance. Please reach out for more information.
Compensation will depend on experience and includes excellent benefits.
Pro Search, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin or veteran or handicapped status.
We regret that due to high volume we are only able to correspond with candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements. Applicant not meeting our client’s specifications will be considered for future opportunities.