This is an exciting opportunity for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) with interest, training and experience integrating behavioral health services into primary care settings.
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS *
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
Waldo County’s Family Medicine and Internal Medicine practices in Belfast, Maine are hiring for a LCSW, 16-20 hours. Both practices are well-established, offering complete care to patients.
The Behavioral Health Clinician’s role would include:
- Minimum Qualifications: LCSW licensed in the state of Maine.
- Provides functional assessment and screening for adults as referred by primary care practices. Includes risk/safety assessment and planning
- Provides focused therapeutic interventions for individuals, families and groups based on evidence informed practices (ACT, CBT, MI, TFCBT) for adults, adolescents & children, and their families as referred by primary or specialty care practices
- Is knowledgeable in both behavioral health and substance use CPT and Health & Behavior codes
- Works collaboratively with providers in the system, such as psychiatrists and case managers, for ongoing care of patient. Brings back necessary information to the medical team to integrate care
- Treatment structure includes individual, family, and group work.
- Providing consultations and education on various behavioral health topics to the care team and participating in population health activities adds variety to the role.
- Individual supervision, group supervision, and quarterly trainings are added benefits of this position.
The work is enhanced by being part of a medical team with solid experience in integrated work, in addition to collaborative work with psychiatrists and other integrated clinicians in the MaineHealth system.
The practice operates in compliance with CDC recommendations for COVID-19. Telehealth visits may be incorporated into the schedule.
MaineHealth offers a robust benefits package that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: See "License/Certifications"
- License/Certifications: Licensure by the Maine State Board of Social Worker Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (preferred), or licensure as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (by exception). Must have a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Experience: 2+ years of work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred, in order to have proficiency in psychosocial assessment and treatment. Must have considerable knowledge of community resources and agencies and how to use them in resolving complex problems related to health, illness and disability.
- Knowledge of social work theories, therapies and techniques, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare. Ability to teach basic social work principles and applications to the medical setting