Collection System Laborer/Operator
The Scarborough Sanitary District is accepting applications for a full-time Wastewater Collections System
Laborer/Operator. General duties are:
• Grounds keeping,
• General maintenance,
• Operational assistance,
• Respectful interaction with the public,
• Provide assistance with emergency repairs, and
• Operating heavy equipment and power tools.
Qualification requirements are:
• High School graduate or GED,
• College or vocational training highly desirable.
• Ability to obtain within one year a Class 1 Wastewater Collection System Operator’s Certificate,
• Experience in the operation of a wastewater facility or relevant experience and/or education,
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to use common hand tools to perform routine maintenance,
• Willing to grow in the position taking on additional duties and responsibilities,
• Available for overtime hours including evenings, nights, and weekends,
• Ability to operate a computer to assist in maintaining facility records,
• Requires minimal oversight to ensure tasks are completed,
• Self-starter willing to look beyond assigned tasks,
• 45 minute commute time or less,
• Valid Maine driver’s license,
• Pass a background check,
• Positive work history,
• Pass a drug test.
Competitive wages and benefits are provided, including health insurance and retirement program.
Wages commensurate with experience but are expected to be in the range of $20 - $24 per hour. Please
send cover letter and resume, including references to Scarborough Sanitary District, 415 Black Point
Road, Scarborough, Maine 04074.
Scarborough Sanitary District
415 Black Point Road
Scarborough Maine 04074