This position follows the Junior Project Coordinator position in growth within the Project Management department. The incumbent leads projects of moderate complexity. The incumbent is focused on improving skills of facilitation and delivery of work products on time, and may work with a more senior staff to develop skills. Much of the incumbent’s time is spent on monitoring task completion to ensure milestones will be reached and the overall project remains on track. This position includes a fair amount of administrative tasks such as generating meeting minutes, agendas, status reports, and lessons learned documents. At this level, the incumbent begins training to effectively work with the project sponsor.
- Assist with the facilitation of meetings and documentation of agendas, meeting minutes, action items, risks, issues, and lessons learned. Follow up with assigned staff to ensure tasks are being completed. (R)
- Develop project-initiating documents as well as project plans necessary to deliver projects under the direction of the Assistant Vice President – Project Management. (R)
- Ensure completed projects have incidents opened for any tasks that remain open past the completion of the project. Finalize documents and archive the project in accordance with established Project Archiving Standards. (R)
- Expand the base of knowledge regarding project management. This is made up primarily of on-the-job training, but may include attending classes, webinars, and reading books necessary to gain an understanding of the foundations of project management. (R)
- Provide regular status updates regarding progress on efforts to come up to speed. These include, but are not limited to, project assignments and training accomplished. (R)