If you're looking for a rewarding opportunity in a professional atmosphere with great energy, incredible talent, and exciting potential, then Baker Newman Noyes is the place for you. We are a regional firm with New England roots and a global reach, and we are looking for Audit Seniors to be based in our Portland, ME; Manchester, NH; Portsmouth, NH; or Boston, MA offices.
With over 250 employees throughout New England in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, BNN provides expert accounting and tax services, healthcare consulting, and risk and business advisory services to a variety of clients with special focus on banking and financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, not-for-profit, public sector entities, privately held and family-owned businesses, and high net worth individuals. BNN is an independent member of Baker Tilly International.
As an Audit Senior, you will be scheduled and assigned to supervise and assist in conducting audits, reviews, compilations, attestation and other engagements over companies in a variety of industries.
Skills and Competencies:
We expect our Seniors to be confident and effective leaders as well as demonstrate technical proficiency, and provide outstanding and responsive client service. .
- Demonstrates ability to manage audit and other engagements to a successful and efficient completion
- Responds to client needs and requests in a timely and appropriate manner
- Effectively manages day to day client relationship in the field, as well as in the office when needed
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of GAAS and GAAP
- Effectively uses the firm’s accounting, audit and other reference materials in resolving issues
- Researches accounting and auditing issues and proposes solutions
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of specialized accounting and auditing areas
- Understands the factors that contribute to business and professional risks, and applies this knowledge to planning and completing assigned engagements
- Effectively trains and assists staff on the engagement as needed and appropriate
- Demonstrates at least a basic understanding of complex business transactions
- At least 2 years’ experience in public accounting
- Experience with accounting and auditing background and exposure to a variety of industries, specifically commercial clients is preferred
- Licensed CPA or pursuing CPA license
BNN strongly believes in maintaining a healthy balance between work and personal life. We support this through a variety of benefits, including:
- 20-30 days of vacation time
- 5 sick days
- 10 paid holidays
- 6-week paid parental leave
- Health, Dental, Pet, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
For more information about BNN and our Audit practice, please visit https://www.bnncpa.com/services/audit_and_accounting.
Baker Newman Noyes is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.