Job Posting End Date: 08/31
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:You will be part of Shared Services Product Management team responsible for driving global solutions across all Unum companies. This individual will own a portfolio of solutions that will enable the digital strategy of the company. You will have the opportunity to work with Unum companies in the US, UK and Poland to understand customer need and deliver solutions while ensuring that these solutions can be reused and scaled across companies.
Shared Services covers
? Customer Communication Mgmt (Document & Content design/generation/storage/retrieval and communication)
? Workflow & Automation (Business Process Mgmt, RPA, RPDA)
? Data Processing (ICR, OCR, File Integration)
? Payment Solutions (Enterprise Payment Gateway)
? Contact Center Capabilities (IVR, Chat)
? Enterprise Search & Knowledge Mgmt
You will be expected to own one of these areas and deliver capabilities to meet the business goals of the company.
Job Description Box
- Demonstrated experience in a product manager/product owner role with a focus on software products or technologies
- Proven ability to work across multiple technology groups to drive product execution
- Effective strategic and execution capabilities to advance long term product roadmap while delivering on near term requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in agile practices and delivery model
- Very effective at collaborating internally and externally at all organization levels
- Experience taking experimental solutions (Proof of Concepts) and scaling to build industrial versions
- MBA or MS (Computer Science)
- Prior experience working in a Shared Services or Technology model
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead initiatives to deliver software product(s) through agile model.
- Develop requirements artifacts that break down business opportunity/problem into capability needs and features
- Create business cases that reflect business value and customer impact of product
- Develop product vision and roadmap that delivers Unum’s digital strategy through shared solutions
- Partner with technology development teams to ensure product feature delivery and solution quality
- Provide solution consulting to business partners for shared technologies
- Lead product rollout and training to drive user adoption and gather feedback from improvements
- Tracks metrics and performance of solutions to ensure benefit and/or value is delivered through solution
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.