Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. The Physician works collaboratively with all members of the care team providing world class service to both the patients and staff of Martin’s Point. S/he manages the care of a panel of patients by using best practice to diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries, supporting call coverage for the practice, providing guidance and over site of mid level providers, focusing on high patient satisfaction and retention, and developing strong partnerships with fellow physicians and support staff. S/he is a respected clinician who models the Martin’s Point values and helps create an engaging clinical culture that fosters creativity, decision-making at all levels, outstanding customer service, continuous improvement, and the highest quality delivery of health care.
Patient Experience/Clinical Oversight
· Ensures that all patients receive welcoming access to high-quality, patient-centric care and education.
· In collaboration with Practice Medical Director and Practice Administrators, contributes to the design and implementation of site-specific policies and procedures as well as those vetted through organization-wide physician and administrative leadership.
· Engages in professional and non-professional activities of the health care center and assures compliance with appropriate standards required by all government agencies and conforms to policies, regulations, and procedures required by MPHC. Monitors and evaluates the ongoing clinical Quality Improvement operations, reports findings to PMD/PAdmin committee, and recommends program modifications or improvements for quality of care.
· Supports ongoing assessment projects to ensure patient care is continually improving.
· In partnership with PAdmin, reviews and supports action planning in response to CAHPs scores.
· In partnership with physician recruiter, engages in recruitment and on-boarding activities for new physicians and mid-level practitioners. Interviews candidates for site recruitment.
· Coordinates with enabling departments to ensure clinical partnership and organization’s strategic objectives are met—including Credentialing, Risk Management, Quality, IS, Finance, Human Resources, and Compliance.
· Conducts regular reviews of patient charts to ensure compliance with agreed-upon and medically-dictated standards.
- Provides medical care customarily provided by physicians who practice in respective specialty.
- Provides Medical Services as directed by MPHC.
- Physician will also perform such other duties as are requested by MPHC consistent with Physician’s position as a physician employee of MPHC.
· Maintains excellence of care delivery—defines standards and acts as model in delivery.
· With site team, establishes areas of focus, both present and future.
· Oversees chart and case review and helps define scope and expectations from clinicians
· Supports and/or participates in Quality Improvement initiatives and development
· Supports and/or participates in Population Health initiatives
- Participates in daily huddles and regular team meetings to improve workflows and contribute to improving patient population outcomes
· Monitors payer quality programs.
· Disseminates results of quality improvement vs. benchmarks
Organizational Participation/Community Outreach
· Encourages increased use of the health center by monitoring physician and patient satisfaction within the health center including all services, policies, and staff-customer relations.
· Monitors patient complaints.
· Assists with orientation for new patients and the community and informs patient population about ongoing offerings through the health centers.
· 3+ years of direct patient care experience preferred
· 3+ years of applicable experience with managed care preferred
· Demonstrated experience working with Clinicians to deploy best clinical practices
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
· Board certification as MD or DO
· Active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state(s) in which the physician is assigned to work
· DEA license
· Active BLS or ACLS Certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and attend to strategic and essential tasks in a busy, complex environment.
- Strong people-leader with ability to manage conflict and hold difficult conversations
- Strong learning agility and emotional intelligence
- Ability to partner with PAdmin to establish work processes that meet patient and staff needs and expectations.
- Ability to act as mentor and coach to new providers and staff.
- Ability to hold others accountable for their behaviors, standards, and expected outcomes.
- Strong ability to delegate.
- Strong meeting management skills.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org