Northern Light Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Department: Emergency Department
Position is located: Sebasticook Valley Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Responsible for carrying out direct and supportive patient care under the direction of licensed care provider. Assist department by greeting patients and visitors, answering telephones, preparing rooms and transporting specimens.
- Greets patients and visitors. At time may perform Quick Registration function.
- The E.D. Tech, under the direction and supervision of the clinical nurse, will assist in the collection of data to facilitate the patient assessment process (may include performing phlebotomy, 12-Lead ECGs, taking vital signs, etc.).
- The E.D. Tech, under the supervision of the clinical nurse, will collaborate to facilitate the development of a plan of care:
- The E.D. Tech, under the direction and supervision of the clinical nurse, will perform procedures directed toward achieving expected outcomes.
- The E.D. Tech, under the direction and supervision of the clinical nurse, will facilitate outcome evaluation by direct communication with the clinical nurse.
- Promotes safety for patient, staff and visitors.
- Assures availability of supplies for patients and units.
- Assists with unit support activities
- Coordinates the safe transport of patients and other items as directed.
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Certified Nursing Assistant
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status