Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
Unum and Colonial Life are looking for a few talented MBA students for the Summer 2019! The role is an internal marketing consultant to our business segments, working closely with our dedicated strategy teams and specialist functions. In this role, you will develop, lead and implement effective marketing programs that deliver on business priorities. You will need to bring strong strategic thinking to the table and work cross-functionally with business partners, senior leadership, and creative teams to deliver integrated, multi-channel campaigns that drive growth and impact for Colonial Life or Unum.
Responsibilities and Highlights
- Develop and implement one or more strategic marketing proposals for a broad range of audiences, illustrating the opportunity and painting the strategic direction.
- Share vision with senior executives to garner support and inspire the marketing team to deliver results.
- Distill and leverage a broad range of viewpoints and opinions into a productive path forward.
- Build and deploy a comprehensive engagement plan to move target markets into action through a multi-touch approach. Identify the marketing touch points, the message at each touchpoint, and the call to action at each stage.
- Collect feedback and stay in-sync with the challenges and the opportunities throughout program.
- Participate in an internship where your fresh, outside perspective will be valued.
- Have access to frequent networking opportunities with senior leaders.
- Enrolled in a top MBA Marketing program; prior marketing experience preferred
- Self-starter with a healthy degree of initiative, ideally entrepreneurs motivated to make a difference in an established company
- Skilled at taking an ambiguous opportunity and making it tangible
- Strong collaborator with business partners and marketing agile teams
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines without losing sight of the creative and strategic components
- Cultivate valuable relationships with business partners – own the business as if it were your own - establish credibility and trust with the ability to stand behind and deliver marketing strategies that deliver on business objectives
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.