Maine Medical Partners’ Cardiothoracic Surgery practice has one primary goal: to improve the quality of life for each of their patients. They are seeking a Registered Nurse to join their team to help achieve that goal.
The selected RN will support 1-2 surgeons in this fast-paced practice by providing wound care to patients, following up on pre/post-surgical details (e.g. test/lab results, pre-op provider visits, & complete patient data), and phone triage. The candidate we’re seeking has 2+ years’ clinical experience, ideally working with congenital heart patients, but all clinical experience will be considered. Experience supporting patients recovering from surgery is a plus.
If you’re looking for a new nursing opportunity to join a great team and do your best work every day, please apply!
- Position Summary
- Under the direction of physicians, this position is responsible for assisting with total patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone inquiries, and coordinating care both at the office and at outside facilities.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing.
- Active State of Maine Nursing License or eligible for licensure.
- Two Years of experience preferred.
- Current BLS required.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians’ orders and notes from other providers.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.