Accounting firm in the Augusta area is seeking an experienced Nonprofit Audit Manager to add to their team. Successful candidates will hold a CPA license in Maine and have at least 5 years of experience in nonprofit auditing. They will have technical proficiency in this specialized field, including performing audits that require procedures and reporting under the federal Single Audit law (Uniform Guidance). This individual must have the ability to supervise a team of accountants and to communicate effectively with our nonprofit clients. They will need to be proficient in nonprofit tax preparation and understand the concepts well enough to be able to advise our nonprofit clients.
- Plan, supervise, and complete audit engagements in accordance with the firm’s Quality Control procedures.
- Supervise both staff accountants and seniors, provide feedback and guidance to them during the performance of the engagement, perform reviews of audit work papers and reports including written comments on their work, and evaluate their progress and proficiency.
- Have the ability to set priorities to manage the completion and issuance of multiple audits on a timely basis as expected by the clients
- Meet with management and Boards of our clients to present the results of the audit.
- Become experts in their assigned areas.
- Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
- Assist in firm administrative functions as assigned by the owners.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
This firm is looking for a candidate that has the potential to rise to the level of partner. Competency, analytical skills, communication skills, leadership skills, management skills, professional demeanor, client relationships, client development skills, integrity and attitude are all key components of success in this role.
Salary will depend on experience and includes a full benefit package.
We regret that due to high volume we are only able to correspond with candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements. Applicant not meeting our client’s specifications will be considered for future opportunities.