The Litigation Assistant is responsible for assisting the Defense Attorneys through the entire litigation process. The responsibilities include but not limited to preparation and filing of state documents, indexing of paper medical records, constructing paper files, answering phones, sorting mail, scheduling depositions, and collecting information from employers.
- Sets up and organizes files for litigation, indexes medical reports, enters appearances and files paper work on behalf of the Defense Attorneys.
- Processes mail on behalf of the Defense Attorneys
- Maintains and updates legal periodicals.
- Maintains Defense Attorneys’ schedules.
- Completes charge backs for Defense Attorneys.
- Assists Defense Attorneys with the telephonic communications with doctor’s offices, outside attorneys and Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Assists Defense Attorneys with written communications to doctor’s offices, attorneys and Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Assists in the development of litigation project programs, practices and protocols.
- Interacts with State and Federal Boards and Commissions, as appropriate.
- Associates Degree with one or two year’ experience working in a legal environment or an equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to type with speed and accuracy required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint a plus.
- Must have excellent grammatical as well as written and verbal communication skills.