This is a per diem position that will be responsible for helping to cover the front desk at the Maine Medical Center Research Institute on an as needed basis
Under the general direction of a Manager or Supervisor, the Administrative Specialist I performs a combination of administrative, project, and operational support work. The position is responsible for coordinating the daily activities of the assigned department and administrative operations while working closely with management and departmental staff. The incumbent prepares correspondence, reports, and other documents; makes travel arrangements; manages schedules and calendars, administers budgets and other similar activities. The position serves as a resource person regarding department policy, procedures, and practice.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience in an administrative support role preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with all Microsoft Office suite products.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines.