Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences seeks an experienced IT professional for the role of Desktop Support Specialist. The selected candidate’s primary responsibility is to manage the helpdesk: prioritizing, triaging, and resolving tickets in a timely manner. This position requires excellent communication, research, and problem-solving skills, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work independently. Experience with Windows Server roles, such as active directory, group policy, and WDS are preferred.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to provide support in a friendly, patient, and flexible manner
- Previous work-related experience in a customer service-related role
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of troubleshooting computer-related issues both hardware and software for desktop, laptop, and mobile devices
- Experience with macOS and Windows 10 operating systems
- Knowledge of windows server, active directory
- Experience updating websites (static and/or CMS); familiarity with basic HTML and CSS
- Ability to lift 20 lbs and sit at a computer for extended periods of time
Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and contact information for three references to our online application portal. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
Individuals seeking more information about this position or needing to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 315-2567, ext. 107.
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences strives to maintain an environment that allows our employees to flourish through respectful, inclusive, and equitable treatment of others. We believe there is power in embracing the full diversity of humanity to advance science and are committed to supporting each other as individuals worthy of respect. Bigelow Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.