Pen Bay Medical Center is currently seeking a full time Clinical Nursing Supervisor! This position will consist of 36 hours per week covering the evening and night shifts.
Pen Bay Medical Center is an integrated community healthcare system serving the people of Midcoast Maine. With facilities throughout Knox and Lincoln County, we provide comprehensive healthcare services for the people in our communities, throughout their lives. Our partner organizations – individually and together – are dedicated to caring for the sick and injured and to improving the health and quality of life for all.
Applicants may be eligible for relocation and loan forgiveness programs. Inquire for details.
The Clinical Supervisor has decision-making authority and is responsible for the coordination of the clinical management and safe delivery of age specific patient care throughout the hospital. Provides leadership and guidance to staff regarding care management through coordinating and collaborating with the interdisciplinary teams. Functions as a clinical resource and mentor to all patient care areas.
The qualified candidate will have the following requirements.
- Current licensure in the State of Maine as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Minimum of five current years in acute care practice preferred.
- Current BCLS with current ACLS or scheduled for an upcoming course.
- Current MOAB certification or scheduled for an upcoming course.
- Certification in Neonatal certification or scheduled for an upcoming course.
- Certification in ENCP or PALS or scheduled for an upcoming course preferred.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge base and clinical expertise in multiple and diverse clinical settings.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of and ability to effectively access clinical resources to meet the needs of the patient in any one of our hospital-based settings.
- Demonstrates an ability to provide effective supervision and oversight throughout the hospital utilizing clear communication and interpersonal skills while applying string decision-making skills and clinical judgment.
- Demonstrates high level of competence and comfort with windows based computer applications.