MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The Underwriting & Agency Services Intern will be responsible for supporting Underwriting’s operations by: reviewing and maintaining department systems and data, researching new business leads, organizing the leads database and creating reference materials based on online research for use by the department. The intern will also work closely with Agency Services to assist with producer assignments, license management and coordinating agency events.
- Reviews the systems that support the underwriting department and assists with maintenance of existing systems, including data clean-up projects.
- Organizes existing leads database and researches new leads.
- Researches and creates reference materials for department use.
- Assists Agency Services with producer assignments and agency events as needed.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work with a team.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.