BlueTarp Financial has partnered exclusively with Pro Search, Inc. in search of experienced Accounting Associates. Due to sustained and projected growth, Blue Tarp has the need to grow it’s team.
BlueTarp has created the new standard in B2B credit management services for a range of industries. They work hard to create the best experience for their customers, both suppliers and their business customers, with a highly flexible and responsive approach. Since 1998, they have helped over 2,000 suppliers grow and protect their business. SUMMARY:
BlueTarp has been awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Maine, three years in a row. BlueTarp is located in modern, sunny offices overlooking Monument Square in downtown Portland. Employees enjoy complimentary parking, yoga and tickets to local sporting events. The company also awards a quarterly “Wish Grant” of $1500, offers casual dress and provides mid-year and annual reviews. Employees are encouraged to share their ideas in a friendly, supportive environment.
Process all forms of customer payments into the Accounts Receivable system; research and apply payments and merchant issued credits; review and distribute correspondence; resolve payment issues with customers and merchants; post customer adjustments and fees into the system; prepare various reconciliations; other tasks related to retention of accurate accounting records.
Research, post, and apply:
- daily check payments from the lockbox that did not automatically post via the electronic data submission (non-postables)
- incoming ACH B2B payments (intraday)
Manage lockbox correspondence
Post and apply merchant ACH (customer) payments; send notifications
Work daily Open on Account assignments
Resolve all unapplied cash in a timely and accurate manner, as defined by department metrics
Enter Level I customer adjustments and fees into the Accounts Receivable system
- Verify reasonableness of adjustments before posting
- Validate adherence to BTF authority matrix
Answer calls incoming to the Accounting phone queue
Process requests to the group mailboxes
Process tasks assigned to self and to Finance in the Accounts Receivable system
Reconcile customer accounts for disputed balances and disputed payment application, as requested by internal and external parties
Scan documents and maintain projects in Image Silo
Complete vendor forms as requested by customers
Other projects as assigned
- Minimum two-year college degree in accounting or business; exposure to treasury or accounting systems
- 1-2+ years in accounting or business field
Compensation will depend on experience and will include a full benefits package.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate with coworkers, customers, and merchants in a courteous and professional manner.
- Basic math skills and understanding of accounting concepts; familiarity with cash application; experience in payables, receivables, and/or general bookkeeping duties.
- Must be PC literate, possess strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Be analytical and inquisitive
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete responsibilities in a timely manner
- Sense of urgency for deadlines
- Work well with minimal supervision, but effectively as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills should foster approachability and maturity
Please contact Shelbi Cadorette at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Warren Libby at email@example.com for more information or visit www.psicareers.com to apply!
We regret that due to high volume we are only able to correspond with candidates whose qualifications most closely match the position requirements. Applicant not meeting our client’s specifications will be considered for future opportunities.
Pro Search, Inc. is Maine’s most respected staffing firm. While we recruit nationally for our clients, our focus is squarely on Maine based opportunities, and we are proud of our proven ability to help our clients grow by building their teams. From Maine's robust startup community, to the largest publicly-traded employers, our influence is felt every day through our recruiting efforts and temporary and IT contract staffing solutions.