Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Facilities Management
Position is located: Acadia
Work Type: Full Time
The Facilities Operations Manager is responsible for supervising the Engineering and Housekeeping Department by planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing all Engineering and Housekeeping staff and functions, as well as controlling the resources of the department.These resources include the people, positions, facilities and equipment, materials and supplies, information, and funds. The Facilities Operations Manager works in a dynamic healthcare environment and must anticipate and adapt to challenges on a daily basis. Planning involves devising a systematic process for attaining the goals of the department, and thus Acadia Hospital. Planning is to assist in preparing the department staff for the immediate future needs, such as scheduling time off, arrange coverage for timely facilities Engineering and Housekeeping needs, and arranging the necessary resources to carry out the plan. The Facilities Operations Manager will establish relationships with all Engineering and Housekeeping staff and other Acadia Hospital management. The Facilities Operations Manager will be supportive, guiding and leading staff to perform at their best level. Reviewing and verifying that actual staff performance matches requirements is important to the success of this role. The Facilities Operations Manager will function as the facility Co-Safety Officer.Perform any duties and/or responsibilities assigned by Manager or Supervisor for which qualified.
Observes The Acadia Hospital, Engineering and Housekeeping Department’s Policies and Procedures.
Assists in maintaining regulatory requirements regarding hospital maintenance, orderliness and sanitation and waste disposal.
Schedules and supervises Engineering and Housekeeping functions activities as required.
Assists in maintaining schedules for proper staffing levels, and leads staff toward a successful operation.
Hires, trains and provides supervision of all Engineering and Housekeeping staff, including participating in team interviews and supporting the other department managers as requested.
Assists in conducting performance appraisals for employees on a routine and timely basis.Initiates or recommends personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions, disciplinary action or dismissal on a timely basis.
Cooperates with patient care personnel in meeting Facilities Department objectives so as not to interrupt patient care activities, including evening and night time support.
Organizes a system to maintain an appropriate inventory of materials, supplies, and equipment. Authorizes maintenance and cleaning supplies/equipment for the Hospital
Assures the proper functioning of department equipment and supplies/materials schedules for maintenance and repair of equipment in a timely manner.Monitors work order system for completion and thoroughness
Inspects and evaluates physical condition of the hospital. Assist in scheduling painting, repairs, furnishings, cleaning and relocation of equipment.
Assists in providing staff with access to inservices and other education/training programs.
Addresses staff grievances when appropriate.
Assists in developing and maintaining quality assurance records and techniques of Engineering and Housekeeping Departments.
Assist in co-chairing as Safety Officer in maintaining an active and thorough safety program throughout the hospital
Directly supports the mission ofthe Patient Safety Officer
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas continued:
Directly supports the mission of the Infection Control Department.
Assists in updating and making adjustments to Engineering and Housekeeping Staff work schedules.
Assist in maintaining a work environment free from recognized hazards that create a risk of injury to employees, patients or visitors and that all accidents and incidents are reported by employees and properly investigated.When appropriate, assist with the return of all workers with work related injuries and illnesses to gainful employment.
Attends/coordinates/facilitates Engineering and Housekeeping department meeting
Assists in overseeing Acadia Hospital’s recycling program.Assist in developing an annual assessment to the H2E Partnership program.
Assists in complying with all codes, regulations and authorities having jurisdiction
Functions as the facility Co-Safety Officer: sits on the safety committee, and is responsible for overall hospital safety program.Has authority to act on any and all safety violations.
Takes immediate action to correct deficiencies and stop any unsafe activity that may result in causing personal injury and/or property damage.
Assist in maintaining a work environment free form recognized hazards that create a risk of injury to employees, patients or visitors and that all accidents and incidents are reported by employees and properly investigated.When appropriate, assist with the return of all workers with work-related injuries and illnesses to gainful employment..
Assist in escorting state, OSHA, insurance safety engineers, and all other authorities having jurisdiction.
Maintains harmonious relationships with co-workers, patients, and visitors.
Handles confidential patient information, personnel information and proprietary information appropriately.
Demonstrates good communication skills, both verbal and written and welcomes constructive criticism from others.Has a positive attitude towards meeting the goals of the Department and Hospital, and shares in the facility success.
Accepts and completes special assignments as requested in a timely manner.
Competencies and skills:
* Acts Strategic: Creates effective plans that anticipate future consequences and opportunities and is able to connect the day to day operations to longer-term objectives, shifts in the industry, and system goals.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine that is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments and primary care practices. Northern Light Acadia Hospital offers innovative programming in the form of a behavioral home health, integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices, and a geriatric mood and memory clinic, which is involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications. The hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare that provides a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties. Northern Light Acadia Healthcare is the sole member of Restorative Health, LLC that operates an outpatient mental health clinic in Bangor. Northern Light Acadia Hospital is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status