This position is under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for administrative support for all day-to-day Human Resources operations including the administration of employee benefit plans (i.e. Health, Dental, 401(k), etc.). Acts as a liaison between the employee and insurance providers to resolve any benefit related problems ensures effective utilization of the plans, and positive employee relations. Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed. Assists the finance department with the day-to-day payroll administrative activities and with payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis. Assist in developing and updating job descriptions, maintaining and tracking timely evaluations, tracking workplace ergonomic evaluations and other general assignments in support of the Human Resources Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist employees and public with education of the Handbooks and Human Resources Policies & Procedures under the direction of the Chief Finance Officer.
- Conducts new employee benefit orientations ensuring:
- All the required new employee documents are completed and returned to enter employee into the payroll system and enroll, etc.
- The employee gains an understanding of the benefit plans and the enrollment provisions, so that the employee can make informed benefit decisions.
- Collects employee pay and benefit forms and gives to fiancé department once complete.
- All employees are entered into the On-Line Employer system for payroll purposes and entered in the ADP system.
- Administers benefit plans including new and annual enrollments, status changes, and terminations by:
- Working with Insurance vendor
- Reviewing online enrollment for accuracy and processes enrollments with carriers within the required deadlines.
- Communicating missed deadlines along with the implications of missed deadlines on future eligibility.
- Monitoring benefit eligibility based upon eligibility guidelines as status changes occur, processing changes, and communicating changes to individual.
- Provide follow through, as needed on activation of employee’s Health Savings Account and ensure HHC deposit is processed.
- Coordinate with the Finance Deparment to ensure accurate recordkeeping and proper deductions.
- Administering and assuring compliance with COBRA provisions by notifying vendors or reps. Also providing appropriate notifications regarding Conversion and/or Portability rights for Group Life Insurance.
- Assisting with annual open enrollment periods. Arranging distribution of materials from carriers with communication of changes to employees and arranging on-site representation by carriers to conduct employee presentations.
- Acting as a liaison between the employee and various carriers to resolve any benefit related problems. Ensuring effective utilization of the plans and positive employee relations.
- Ensuring plans are administrated in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Performs administrative Human Resources functions as needed to include:
- Preparation of general internal and external correspondence as requested or needed.
- Making photocopies, sending faxes as needed.
- Prepares and maintains employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Filing documents within the appropriate Human Resources files.
- Ensuring compliance, monitoring and updating I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification documentation, Maintains current I-9 books.
- Responds to requests for information concerning potential Unemployment Claims.
- Processing of employment terminations, including closing out employee files, terminating benefits, providing information for Unemployment Compensation eligibility determination, etc.
- Records and processes completed Employee Performance Evaluations. This includes processing salary adjustments / increases, and adjusting employee benefit contributions when necessary within the payroll software.
- Verifies employee income and employment status when requested.
- Primary responsibility for scheduling treatment for employees with work related injuries, and tracking outcomes.
- Completion of the Worker Compensation 1st Report of Injury and submission to the Worker Compensation carrier.
- Assists C-Suite as needed with assisting managers in Accident Investigations and ensuring those investigations are being conducted in a timely manner.
- Maintains HHC job descriptions. This includes working with managers to develop and maintain job descriptions in accordance to HHC and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains evaluation tools and ensures evaluation tools are up to date with evolving job descriptions and new positions. Makes recommendations regarding process improvements.
- Administers the employee performance evaluation process. This includes working with managers to ensure evaluations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, soliciting feedback on the process, and making recommendations for process improvements.
- Assists with or administers safety programs to include the Ergonomic program.
- Assist with Employee Leave Administration program, to include FMLA and ADA.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel, assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists in the preparation and maintenance of the employee handbook, policies and procedures manuals.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings or seminars as requested or needed.
- Assists C-Suite as directed by CEO.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel information, in compliance with applicable laws and standards of professionalism, and exercises a high level of discretion in managing HR information and documents.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of organizational goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable attendance and punctuality standards as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Complies with all safety rules and protocols. Reports all accidents, regardless of severity, immediately to supervisor and completes incident/injury report and investigation form, which will be forwarded to Human Resources within 24 hours of incident.
- Abides by the organization’s compliance program and requirements.
- Stay current on all required training for current year.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned by CFO.
- Works with Executive Assistant or designee to ensure compliance with FTCA requirements. Assist with verification of current licensure, confirmation of relevant training or experience as well as current competence, ability to perform requested privileges and all other criteria required by health center.
- Obtains results from National Practitioner Data Base queries.
- Manages responses to malpractice liability claims in collaboration with CEO, Medical Director and Assistant Medical Director. Submits claims to insurance if necessary and facilitates paperwork to FTCA, DHHS and all other required government agencies. Consults with corporate attorney under the direction of CEO.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good organizational skills to handle multiple priorities while remaining professional and calm.
- Ability to work with many diverse people.
- Effective telephone skills.
- Strong level of confidentiality due to the sensitivity of materials and information handled.
- Must able to make suggestions on workflow or system efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently and be self directed and flexible.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to perform functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work at a high-volume level of accuracy.
- Be committed to the mission of the Hometown Health Center.
- Behave in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate and promote the values of respect, honesty, and dignity for the patient, families, and all members of the healthcare team.
- Committed to the constant pursuit of excellence and teamwork in improving the care of the patient and families of Hometown Health Center and the Patient Centered Medical Home Neighborhood.
- Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
- Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
- Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
- Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the Practice by abiding by laws and principles related to confidentiality; keep information concerning Practice Operations, patients and employees confidential.
- This position requires compliance with Health Center’s compliance standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the Clerical Data Entry Specialist’s regular performance evaluation.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands to operate a standard computer keyboard. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a busy medical office environment with many interruptions. Very active, fast paced position with short deadlines. At times, must interact with challenging staff/patients/visitors and remain calm and professional. Frequent travel to each practice, occasional travel out of the area.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions. With excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills, and excellent telephone skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.) with proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Word.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Ability to establish priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one (1) years prior experience in the Human Resources field, required.
- Education or certification in HR, preferred.
- At least one (1) year office/clerical support experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record for insurance purposes.