The Supervisor, Audit Services is responsible for the supervision of the internal audit staff of the premium audit department. The incumbent is responsible but not limited to ensuring timely review of all completed virtual, fee and mail audits, and accuracy and compliance with National Council of Compensation Insurance (NCCI) & State guidelines.
- Monitors the workload, production and time service of audit review staff and provides reports to Premium Audit Manager.
- Acts as customer service leader for audit review and administrative staff. When necessary, resolves elevated customer service matters for both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the selection, orientation, development, training, coaching and counseling of review and administrative staff of the MEMIC premium audit department.
- Provides technical support and guidance consistent with company goals and objectives to review and administrative staff.
- Partners with Quality Assurance Specialist to ensure review staff are submitting quality product and services within assigned deadlines.
- Assists quality assurance staff and reviewers in resolving audit disputes with insureds, agents, underwriters and accounting which may require research and collaboration with corporate attorney and testifying at hearings.
- Ensures that the MEMIC audit review team conducts assignments following all rules and guidelines established by National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) and appropriate Workers’ Compensation Boards.
- Leads the internal audit department efforts in technological changes within the department.
- Collaborates and builds strong relationships with employees, agents, insureds, independent audit firms, and rating bureau representatives.
- Prepares and submits required reports with accuracy and within established deadlines.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 experience in commercial insurance and auditing or an equivalent combination is required.
- Previous management or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- A thorough understanding of the premium audit function with knowledge of insurance coverage’s, rating and classification procedures is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) scopes manual is strongly preferred.
- Ability to provide strong leadership and a positive image as well as coordinate effectively to achieve accomplishment of corporate goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to lead a team effectively.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines are essential.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.