The Central Registration Clerk at Memorial Hospital is responsible for both registration and switchboard duties. This is a high-touch position in a fast-paced environment, with regular interaction with patients, physicians, providers, nurses and additional care team members.
Excellent MaineHealth benefit package, competitive compensation, and a friendly team environment are just a few of the perks of this role!
- Registration duties include collecting, verifying, entering, and monitoring appropriate patient data in the computer in compliance with the Federal, State, and Hospital confidentiality policies; Ensures all necessary paperwork is completed and appropriately signed by the patient in order to admit for inpatient, outpatient, emergency, or surgical services; and verifies the patient’s demographic information, photo ID and insurance coverage. This may be done in person or via phone or bed side upon admission. May float between Central Registration and Emergency Department Registration.
- Switchboard duties include answering incoming internal and external calls, directing callers to appropriate departments, preparing and distributing provider call schedules, and providing administrative assistance during emergencies.
- This is a flexible 40hour/week position (five 8.5/hr shifts), which may include working nights, weekends and/or holidays. The Registration Clerk also has call on a rotating schedule.
- The ideal candidate is a team player, detail-oriented, dependable and reliable, and friendly/helpful to both care team and patients.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) desired.
- Experience: Computer experience required - intermediate or advanced level. Epic EMR experience preferred. Minimum of one year of customer service or data entry experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Familiarity with healthcare billing and diagnostic coding preferred.
- Prior switchboard experience is helpful.
- Attention to detail including correct spelling and grammar is critical.
About Memorial Hospital:
Memorial Hospital is a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital with a friendly team setting located in Mount Washington Valley, New Hampshire. The Valley, as it is called by locals, is known for its scenic beauty in the shadow of the White Mountains. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, the North Conway area is a great place to live and work, with dozens of ski areas and hundreds of hiking and biking trails just outside your door. The tourism industry is a major business driver in the area, and Memorial Hospital is one of the area’s largest employers. Famous for its outlet shopping, North Conway is 2-3 hours from several major metropolitan areas and their airports, such as Boston, Portland and Concord.
We are one of eleven members of the MaineHealth network including: Franklin Community Health Network, LincolnHealth, Maine Behavioral Healthcare, MaineHealth Care at Home, Maine Medical Center, NorDx, Pen Bay Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care, Waldo County General Hospital, and Western Maine Health.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.