MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within their field of study. This is a paid internship that can also be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks, beginning on June 7th and ending on August 20th. This opportunity will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Operator Intern should be someone interested in Computer Operations/ DeVops. They will take part in the common practices around systems operations. The Operator will work on various projects as needed and be paired with a System Operator and/or a DevOps Team on a given project. Development skills are not required, however, if an intern is interested in exploring coding/scripting, they can get some experience coding/scripting and testing the results.
- Performs daily production processing by leveraging a variety of technologies, such as AS/400 system administration and job execution, report development using SQL or scripting, to deliver key business and IT deliverables.
- Monitors all critical production processes and technologies that have high visibility and impact on business and IT operations. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Based on skill level, may be able to assist with some scripting or coding using a variety of products.
- Assists with special projects.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. We will consider all Bachelor degree majors if a student is interested in breaking into IT.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Interest in software development, system operations, or information technology
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.