Northern Light Inland Hospital
Department: Environmental Services
Position is located: Inland Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Cleans and services assigned building areas; moves furniture, equipment, hospital waste, and supplies in and around assigned areas. Works to ensure that the Hospital is clean and safe for patients, visitors and other employees.
1. Dustmops, mops, buffs, strips, and waxes floors. Runs buffers, wet vacuums, and automatic floor scrubber
2. Vacuums and shampoos carpets and upholstery. Runs vacuums and carpet Extractor and spotter.
3. Washes walls, windows, light fixtures, and vents., as assigned
4. Must be able to work with germicidal and other cleaning detergents.
5. Changes cubicle and window curtains, as needed
6. Moves furniture as required.
7. Gathers trash and dirty linens, as needed or assigned
8. Does Courier runs to downtown vendors or to outlying towns.
9. Sets up Conference Rooms for meetings, as needed
10. Must be able and willing to clean isolation rooms according to established guidelines, as needed
11. Must be able to follow established safety methods and procedures as outlined in organizational and department policies.
12. Must possess knowledge of cleaning techniques for each type of floor surface.
13. Must possess the ability to work independently and maintain productivity.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* No previous experience required.
* No Minimum Requirement
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status