Type: Full or Part-time; Hourly
Location: Portland, ME
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
Tilson Technology Management is seeking a GIS Technician to join their high-growth, fast-paced team. This is an entry level position for a GIS Technician. The ideal candidate for this position has experience performing GIS analysis and managing data more than a casual GIS user. This job will reside in our Portland, ME Headquarters.
- Create, edit and maintain GIS data in ArcDesktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and other GIS platforms used by the company
- Create and update data schemas as directed
- Assist in creating data exports, map products, and delivery packages
- Participate in training and supporting casual GIS users with data related tasks
- Assist in data analysis, transformation, translation and other data manipulation tasks
- Take direction from GIS Specialists and above
- Work on foundational tasks related to data manipulation and data schema building
- Growth requires a focus on GIS software, projects and workflows
- All functions need to be performed in a timely manner yet maintain a high level of accuracy and precision
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Some previous experience with ArcGIS preferred
- General computer proficiency and familiarity with basic business programs (email, Windows, web browser, Excel) required
- Good written and verbal communication skills a must
- No required certifications
Desired but not Required:
- Any CAD or other experience working with data, databases, or spatial information is a benefit
- Detail oriented, meticulous personality, and fast learning are all desirable traits
Occasional travel may be required for training and team coordination.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.