Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00PM
Maine Medical Partners, a MaineHealth member, is looking to hire a PA or NP to join a dynamic and experienced surgical practice in Portland, Maine. The successful candidate will provide medical care and practice medicine with physician supervision, including evaluating patients in tandem with the surgeon with the goal of autonomy in post op and follow up visits. These visits may include suture / staple removal, local wound care, and basic bedside procedures. He or she will also be responsible for ordering diagnostic procedures, radiographic imaging, and laboratory studies. In addition, the PA or NP will review incoming referrals and participate in chart preparation for new consult visits. New Grads are welcome to apply.
Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small-town friendliness. The area provides four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking, sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and vibrant community with excellent restaurants and schools.
- Relocation Assistance
- Generous Time Off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Career growth opportunities
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred from an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
* Current Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State of Maine or eligible of licensure.
* Current BLS required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.