Prudential's Group Insurance Onboarding Team is seeking an Implementation Manager who will be the project lead responsible for transitioning a customer to the Prudential platform for all Group Insurance products. The candidate will be responsible to primarily support the Premier segment. This position is highly visible in the organization and the successful candidate is direct customer facing. Responsibilities include:
- Confirming with the sales representative and the customer the details of the sale and providing such information to the affected areas within Group Insurance to ensure the setup and maintenance of the account is done to meet the customer's expectations
- For each account implementation project, the Implementation Manager works closely with the assigned Account Management team and various internal business partners to ensure a smooth transition at the end of the project.
- The Implementation Manager may be required to attend Finalist and Kick-off related meetings and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with the customer, broker, TPA’s, and our internal subject matter experts.
- The Implementation Manager provides consultative solutions and ensures details are understood so that our administrative processes and system(s) are established correctly to include but not limited to plan design details that affect billing, eligibility, data exchange, medical underwriting, record keeping, claims, contracts, financial reporting.
- Develops, communicates, maintains and manages the detailed project plan, timeline for account implementation projects and ensures deadlines, milestones and success criteria are met or exceeded through timely coordination and communication of the details necessary to complete an account implementation project by the agreed upon effective date.
- Identifies and manages timely and effective resolution of any issues that surface during the handling of all assigned duties. Tracks and reports implementation activity results in a “real time” fashion via both the customer facing Activity Tracker and the internal Implementation Database. Conducts lessons learned at the end of each account implementation phase for continuous improvement purposes.
- Maintains business awareness of all products (i.e. Life/AD&D, Disability, Absence, Critical Illness, Voluntary Accident, etc), processes and system capabilities to enable effective communication of service capabilities.
- Assists in the training of new employees within the Implementation Services Unit and Sales & Account Management Client Services unit. Supports the organization through participation in department, operational and strategic initiatives as needed.
- College degree or the equivalent combination of education and business-related experience
- Experience and knowledge of Group Insurance products, required
- Prior group insurance industry experience and technical expertise to include employer/TPA payroll processing routines a plus
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and balancing competing priorities
- Ability to consult and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Proactive problem-solving ability with solutions-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of Prudential associates
- Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a calm manner
- Ability to work independently and make decisions while considering client requirements and focusing on efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Professional Project Management designation a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project)
- Demonstrate strong customer focus
- Superior oral and written communication skills with proven public speaking and presentation skills
- Overnight domestic travel 10-20% with peaks in the summer/fall and occasional travel on short notice
- Can translate daily activity into the long-term impact on Group Insurance’s Critical Priorities
- Practical assimilation of Prudential’s Leadership Competencies
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Operations
Primary Location United States-Maine-Portland
Other Locations United States, United States-New Jersey-Roseland, United States-Arizona-Scottsdale
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time