Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Department: Environmental Services
Position is located: Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Responsible for facilitating communications among staff, supervisor, clients and public. Assists management staff as assigned and those tasks deemed appropriate by their department manager. To perform housekeeping infection control activities assigned by the supervisor to maintain the physical plant in an aseptic and aesthetically pleasing manner.
- Exhibits Gold Standard behaviors in all interactions
- Complies with all policies and procedures of Blue Hill Memorial Hospital, including but not limited to the following: participation in annual mandatory in-services;
- Healthstream, flu vaccination/declination, punctuality, appropriate dress, etc.
- Communicates effectively.
- Performs prescribed “AIDET” while interacting with customers.
- Observes Standard Protocols for Infection Control by performing tasks requiring Standard Protocols according to procedure.
- Performs patient room care as defined in the inpatient room care task outline or verbally instructed.
- Assists clinical staff with patient control upon request.
- Interacts with staff in a manner which facilitates quality care, efficient office functioning, and teamwork.
- Performs cleaning functions in all areas in all facilities of BHMH.
- Participates in quality control/performance improvement activities by actively contributing to BHMH wide, division wide, departmental quality activities
- Practices teamwork.
- Observes safety rules/regulations/policies and procedures
- Proper handwashing techniques will be followed at all times
- Proper use of BHMH property and equipment
- Contributes in efforts to improve productivity and cost control
- Assists manager in maintaining a break-even operating budget in Environmental Services.
- Completes all additional duties in a timely manner that are assigned by the manager.
- Completes required National Incident Management System (NIMS) training
- Participates in hospital initiatives within our community
Competencies and skills:
* 1+ years of relative work experience required.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) or equivalent work experience.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous kneeling.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status