- Job Tracking ID: 512975-823614
- Job Location: Caribou, ME
- Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
- Level of Education: High School/GED
- Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Date Updated: 06/29/2022
- Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
- Starting Date: ASAP
Full-time and Part-time Positions Available!
Maine Veterans’ Homes is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to serving Maine’s veterans and families. We take great pride in our mission to “care for those who served”.
Conveniently located on the campus of Carey Medical Center, our Caribou Home provides long term care, short term skilled nursing care, and assisted living residential care. As an employee, you will enjoy a home-like atmosphere and a compassionate team of skilled senior care professionals.
We are seeking an energetic, engaging, self-motivated individual to join our Activities team.
The Activities Assistant is responsible for providing meaningful activities to the residents and works collaboratively with the Activities Supervisor to maintain a steady flow of activities that are designed to meet the physical, mental, and social well-being of our residents.
Maine Veterans’ Homes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Experience and Skills
Activities Aide Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to develop, organize and direct small and large group activities
- Interest in activities and working with the geriatric population
- Must have flexibility with work schedule
Activities Aide Preferred Experience:
- Geriatric activities experience preferred
- CNA certification a plus
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license