Visible Logic is seeking a copywriter to join our dynamic team. We are looking for
You will be involved in many different types of projects in our studio, and your interest and skills in the following are needed:
- developing overall content marketing strategy
- copywriting and messaging for websites
- writing blogs and e-newsletters
- writing, editing and proofreading of brochures, print and digital ads, annual reports, press releases
- making complex information clear in infographics and explanatory graphics
- writing scripts and captions for explainer videos
- writing, editing and proofreading proposals
We are are looking for someone ready to start with the development of a content marketing strategy and bring it right through the execution of each tactic and finished deliverable. Your copy will be supported with highly polished, professional design. You will be part of a small team and the more varied your skills and flexible your work style, the better suited you will be to this position. We offer a fast-paced and supportive work environment.
Visible Logic is an award-winning, busy and growing branding and content marketing agency located in Portland, Maine. Our projects include brand strategy, product and company naming, logo design, website design and development, copywriting, infographics, e-newsletters and explainer videos. We work primarily in the B2B space helping organizations clarify and communicate their message.
In addition to client work, there is always internal work to help market and attract business for Visible Logic and Branding Compass. Branding Compass is a web-based application that provides fast, affordable, expert branding advice.
Please review our online portfolio to see the type of work we do for our clients. We have a large number of clients, but mostly B2B and many technology-based businesses.
We are a woman-owned business that values diversity and supports individuals and their needs to balance family and other outside-of-work obligations and interests.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- is good at using words and graphics together to help explain and enhance meaning
- can help develop marketing plans by recommending the right channels, media and frequency of communications
- can generate high-level creative messaging ideas as well as quickly produce high-quality work when deadlines loom
- is interested in both receiving direction from other team members and at other times working independently or taking the lead on the creative direction
- can show that they are able to work in a variety of styles and develop an appropriate voice for multiple clients
- has strong experience in content-focused marketing campaigns and is eager to continue to learn more about this quickly evolving field
- can clearly show their writing skills through samples of their work.
We are a small team looking for the right person to join us. We do not have specific expectations for the number of years of experience, but this is not an entry level position. Pay will be based on skill and experience.
This is an employee position and work will be done at Visible Logic’s Portland office. We are looking for someone 25-40 hours a week (e.g. full time or a little less if that works better for you). We offer a flexible schedule, but most work should be done during normal Monday – Friday working hours.
Send your cover letter, resume and samples of your writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org Your samples may be a website link and/or PDF(s). Please no Microsoft Word files!