QA Automation Engineer
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, executing and documenting the more complex automated test cases. The QA Automation Engineer will work cross-divisionally to contribute to test automation projects within other QA departments while adhering to accepted development and QA standards.
- Design, develop, execute and document new test cases based on product review, functional specifications and interviews with Product Managers and SME’s for multiple products/teams.
- Maintain existing test scripts and automation framework.
- Analyze complex software issues to determine root causes and provide detailed reports to the QA Manager and developers.
- Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with the QA staff and software developers.
- Assist with the skill development of other members of the team to ensure consistency throughout the department.
- Adhere to and contribute to the development of process improvements.
- Stay abreast of changes in the company’s computer environment including such areas as operating systems, utilities and hardware.
- Remain up-to-date with QA industry standards, practices and software development trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, computer science or comparable work experience.
- Three to six years’ of experience with automation tools.
- Three to six years’ of experience in software quality assurance.
- Three or more years’ of experience with Tyler software or related experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of test automation methodologies and practices.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to earn QA certification from an accredited organization within 2 to 3 years from time of position acceptance.
Requisition Number: 45-18-338