Schedule: Regular Full-time
Hours: Monday thru Thursday/40 hours/0630-1700
JOB SUMMARY: A Medical Assistant is an integral part of the inter-disciplinary team. The Medical Assistant will draw upon knowledge and skills to respond to and individualized patient needs for the Mood and Memory Team. He/she will collaborate with the rest of the team to tailor interventions to meet individualized patient care needs. This individual will have a Medical Assistant Certification or successfully pass the certification exam within 6 months. Perform any duties and/or responsibilities assigned by Manager or Supervisor for which qualified.
· Graduated from Medical Assistant Program or Recognized Equivalent.
· Must be certified or successfully complete Certification Exam within initial employment period of six (6) months
· Qualified applicant who demonstrates skills normally associated with a high school education and has good communication skills.
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
· Maintains regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission, Federal and State.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding EMHS's Code of Conduct and ethical business practices.
JOB RESPONSIBILIITES/DUTITES TO INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Prepares patients for examination and treatment, including medication reconciliation and vital signs·
· Performs screening procedures indicated.
· Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment.
· Performs terminal cleaning of exam rooms
· May perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures to include venipuncture, techniques using standard equipment to include vacutainer tubes and sleeve, tourniquets, syringes, and butterfly needles.
· Assists with diagnostic tests, treatment and referrals
· Maintain patient files, records and other information.
· Receives lab work, other reports and forwards to providers.
· Accesses and documents Sample and Patient Assistance medications for Licensed Independent Practitioner.
· Maintains inventory of Sample and Patient Assistance medications.
· Administers prescribed medication including routine immunizations, therapeutic injections. Documents administration in patient chart.
· Assists in maintaining compliance with quality assurance standard, including CLIA and COLA.
· Documents in vaccine, laboratory and medication inventory logs, as required.
· Performs various control procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations
· Maintain inventory of supplies and informs designated person of needed supplies.
· May assist with billing duties, including entering charges and diagnosis, and following up with providers on incomplete information.
· Coordinate / complete pill counts and urine drug screens as requested by providers.
· Follow through with call backs as requested by providers.
· Assists with Indigent Drug program to help obtain medications for patients.
· Also receives training to do EKG's and completes when ordered.
· Visual acuity, color vision, hearing acuity, and tactile sensation are necessary to respond to patient response and requests.
· The ability to read and speak English, to communicate and document information.
· Must possess the manual dexterity and a degree of body strength and flexibility to respond to aggressive patient behavior.
· The ability to reach and stretch intermittently.
· Time may be spent sitting at a computer, collaborating with other healthcare team members.
· Standing and walking comprises some of the workday.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Healthcare | Nursing