Northern Light CA Dean Hospital
Department: Medical Surgical Unit
Position is located: Northern Light C A Dean Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule:12 Hours A Day Work Schedule
Graduate Orientees’ will initiate professional nursing practice careers in a supportive environment committed to mentoring, coaching, and learning. They will build confidence through a structured, professional transition into practice experience that consists of clinical nursing orientation that is customized to individual developmental needs.
- Be accountable for the management and provision of patient care in his or her assigned area.
- Assess patients’ needs for care and other services.
- Collaborate with physicians, other services, patients and patients’ families’ to plan patient care and evaluate outcomes.
- Demonstrate clinical competency and compassion in providing care, using technology, performing procedures, and managing emergencies.
- Ensure integration of safety and quality standards into practice and delivery of team care.
- Document patient care according to established standards.
- Interpret existing policies and procedures to nursing assistants, restorative nursing assistants, patients, families and physicians.
- Participate in bedside rounding report to nurses coming on duty and including the patient when practical to provide necessary information and facilitate the delivery of excellent patient care.
- Conduct hourly patient rounds in conjunction with other nursing staff; to enhance patient safety, satisfaction and quality of care. Reporting problems to appropriate team members and initiating corrective action when necessary.
- Act as a patient advocate within the organization to support the patient’s holistic plan of care to facilitate safe discharge.
- Act as a resource for and provide assistance to C.N.A. staff providing direct patient care and assure that care is delivered in accordance with policy, protocol and regulatory requirements.
- Completely develop, implement, coordinate and assess patient’s care plan based on patient’s individualized assessed needs.
- Work collaboratively with C.A. Dean Pharmacy and in compliance with all state and federal regulations in the handling, administration, storage and destruction of pharmaceuticals.
- Notify physician and other personnel as necessary, of changes in patients’ conditions and take appropriate follow-up action.
- Document complete and comprehensive assessments and nurses notes the electronic medical record as indicated by patient condition, policy or regulatory requirements.
- Assures housekeeping tasks are completed on unit in accordance with policy.
- Participates in patient and family education on an ongoing basis.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Email application with the ability to manage email as well as calendars, managing tasks and contacts, note taking, journaling, and web browsing.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
Eligible to take the NCLEX with proof of Authorization to Test prior to Start ; become RN Licensed (Maine or Compact) within 120 days of hire
Completion of ADN or BSN Nursing Program in Spring 2021.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous walking.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status